Thursday 3 May 2012

Creative Inspiration: My new home office

Many moons ago I shared with you my dream of creating a home office space. I was yearning for a little spot I could call my own, to sit at and write, spend countless hours on the Internet and escape to when I needed a little R&R.

Obviously, in an ideal world with no financial limits, my personal space/office would be fabulously grand with plush armchairs for reading, a library, artwork and few of my favourite photos....Ok, and an espresso machine! An office similar to these celebrity spaces wouldn't get turned down.

But I was lucky to find a cute desk for under $90 from Officeworks, printed off several phrases and vibrant images from the web to start my inspiration wall, then  I added personal bits and pieces to the area for pizzazz. 

And here you have it. I'm tucked into the corner of our bedroom as we live in a townhouse and currently all available space is full of E's toys, besides I wanted to get away from the television and communal rooms. She's very simple but has the beginnings of something special, don't you think?

Pen holder, scented candle and Tiffany. Swoon...

Inspirational phrases, bright images off the web and Vincent Van Gogh artwork

A Guardian Angel from my Aunt and my most prized photo of Mum and I circa 1982

My trusty filing system and a pile of magazines open on must-read features for creative inspiration

It's from:
Scented candle is from Crabtree & Evelyn.
Inspirational phrases are from Women in Business.
Colourful images are from two great blogs Absolutely Beautiful Things and Table Tonic.
Vincent Van Gogh's La Nuit Etoilee Saint-Remy 1889 was purchased at a market stall in Paris.
Guardian Angel is from Willow Tree.
Desk is from Officeworks. Note: I don't believe mine is still available but this is a similar version.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...