Thursday 9 August 2012

Head vs Heart

When life gives you lemons, it is a common assumption you'll make lemonade, right?

What if you attempt to make lemonade but while you're squeezing out all the juice you notice you're out of ice and sugar so you make a last minute decision to bake a lemon tart? Should I be disappointed with the outcome because I had my heart set on lemonade or embrace what I could create; a tasty tart?

What's with all the lemons?

Recently I mentioned my desire to start my own business, however, in my haste to make it happen and "achieve my dream" (vomit on a cliche!) it became abundantly clear that perhaps now isn't the right time to start and I need to focus on achieving my dream in smaller more managable pieces.

Voicing my concerns to Teach about building a comprehensive business and having it make money in 6 weeks to co-incide with my current contract ending, made us both weak in the knees.

Do I really want to put myself under that much pressure? Do I really want to put my family under that much pressure? Besides, when I do get to finally showoff my fabulous new career I want it to be AMAZING not average or worse still...ho-hum! 

So I decided to get realisitic and focus on what I can accomplish in a short-time frame and readjust my expectations - or at least trust that while my intuition is guiding me along the right path, I need to follow the path completely, not just expect to cross the finish line before I've done the leg work (again with the cliches!).

It will happen, I can feel it, but I wont rush in to something because I think I've finally cracked the clues spinning around in my heart and my head. After all, patience is a virtue. Or so I'm told.

Helen Thomas over at A Mother's Intuition says it very well: 
Part of the lesson in learning to follow your intuition is to let go of your attachment to outcomes. You cannot guarantee that making a particular decision (whether based on intuition or not) will guarantee the outcome you wish.

Image: The EveryGirl

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...