Tuesday 24 January 2012

Stylish Bubbles


My sister in-law will celebrate her 40th birthday this weekend with a fabulous old-fashion cocktail party. You know the ones...a simple get together where guests get frocked up more than their fave after 5 jeans, great dancing music, a few tasty treats and good coversation. But more importantly, a decadent range of oh-so-delicious cocktails.


My favourite is a Bellini. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's the fact I don't get the chance to sip a good Champagne much anymore so when I do it's my fail-safe celebratory beverage, or perhaps it's because Bellini's are dangerously easy to drink.

Either way, with the Birthday Girl's shin-dig just around the corner it got me thinking of the stylish Champagne glasses people use to drink plonk from back in the day. You know the ones; wide rimmed glasses, short stems and shallow bottoms. Think Ms Hepburn, Ms Bacall and Mr Bogart in most movies they made.

Since I've thought of them I can't get them out of my mind. I must get a pair. Just two. Two for a special occassion and those rare times I get to share a bottle of bubbles with a girlfriend.

I'm not sure if they are practical - I've heard they spill easily - but how good would it be to pop a cork on a bottle of vintage Dom Perignon and serve it in equally stylish vintage glasses...Oh what a magical daydream!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...