Thursday 26 April 2012

My Winter Survival Guide


Brrrrrr...baby, it's cold outside!

Literally overnight we've gone from enjoying a splendid 28 degree day to waking up to a frosty 12 degree morning here in Brisbane and I, for one, was caught completely off guard. Now it's time to pull out my winter woolies from under the bed, dust off my trusty hot water bottle and prepare for the chilly season ahead.

Get ready with me and check out my soul-warming Winter Survival Guide.

I am never without my all-time favourite slippers by Peter Alexander (my cousin gave me my first pair in 2007 and they've been around the world), but this year I think I'll jazz up my feet with these adorable Don't Tassel Me slippers so I can't pop out to the shops quickly without changing my shoes. As a busy working Mum the name is appropriate too, don't you think?


These Flannel boots are made for walking (and LOVING!!) and would look very chic with black leggings and this devine Ralph Lauren cashmere cardigan.

Come winter I morph into Jamie Oliver's lesser-skilled distant relative and transform the house into a three-hated restaurant with the smell of baked Lamb Shanks served with mashed potato, smashed carrots and onion gravy. It's nothing less than heavenly! I highly recommend cleaning off your plate with crusty bread and sipping on a glass or three of your preferred tipple to complete the sensory experience. Before you know it, you'll be praising the Lord for the cooler climate while loosening the button on your pants to make room for your satisfied and full belly...or is that just me?

When it's time to visit Bedforshire, I'll grab my new Granny Square Hottie Cover (including the actual hot water bottle, obviously) which I found online at this delightful Etsy store, a cup of tea and a good book to snuggle in and slow down before sleep.

There's one final thing I'd truly love to have this winter and that's a weekend away with Teach to this remote mountain lodge located in the Scenic Rim about 90 minutes drive from Brisbane for a little R&R. Ahhh...maybe one day!

Do you have any special treats in mind to survive winter? What are your fail-safe items you simply can't live without when the mercury drops?

Image: My first snow angel. London, Feb 2009.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...