Thursday 28 June 2012

Children's Books

Does your child like books? Ever since E was born Teach and I have made an effort to read him a book every day to introduce him to the wonderful worlds stories create. More than anything it's also a very affordable form of entertainment, easily transportable and always crowd pleasing.

Spot books are his favourite, but Grug is up there as a strong contender as the bedtime book.

Today, while visiting the State Library, E found Dig Dig Digging, a book that combines his love of stories, bright colours and TRUCKS! Now the word truck is in capitals because as soon as his little eyes landed on the cover he squealed with delight, as if to say 'Oh My God....Twwwucks!'

Teach and I were in fits of laughter because we'd never heard anything like it. How could I resist such a sensational sound? I bought it instantly of course (spoiling him much?) and it's now been read close to 10 times in the space of half an hour. Obviously, the more convincing the sound effects, the more times you have to read the book. But that's OK with me. I couldn't think of a better way to spend time with E than reading a book that makes him laugh and come back for story time with Mumma and Dadda day after day. 

Which books do you read for your children? Is there one in particular you can't live without?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...