Monday 4 June 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Mummies!

A little over one year ago I decided to take the plunge and join a Mother's Group. You might remember the high levels of anxiety I felt before I finally signed up to a group. Convinced I'd have to suffer through hours of sipping green-tea infusions, always having to dress in my Sunday finest and wear a full face of make-up just to join the ladies at the park, I was a nervous wreck by the time I made it to our first play-date.

Ok, so I might have sipped a few Flat Whites here and there (c'mon I love my coffee!) but overall I've had a delightful time getting to know approximately 35 other Mummies, watch our children develop and revisit places in Brisbane I'd forgotten existed since the day a small child was born, promptly attached itself to my breasts and called the shots in my life henceforth. 

To celebrate our special milestone and give ourselves a little pat on the back for surviving one year, we recently got together for a BBQ lunch and drinks in the park. Despite the rain, a great afternoon was had by all.

 
 
Here's to another year! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...