Monday 11 June 2012

Tattoos

Do you have a tattoo? It seems so many people have at least one these days I think I'm starting a trend NOT having one.

Tattoos have never concerned me. You have one? Great. You don't? Whatever. I truly believe it's each to their own if you decide to ink up or not. Despite not having one myself, I've always admired them.

They can be tasteful, artistic, sweet (see image above) and very creative. I know one certain gentleman (knickname sounds like Beach) who has two. One on his left shoulder blade and one on his upper right arm. Both of them are very symbolic to him and tell a story from a time in his life. I admire his conviction and genuine desire to communicate that way, but a tattoo one me? I'm not sure.

From footballers wearing sleeves of them, to celebrities inking their necks, shoulders, feet, back and (insert body part here), you can't swing an iPhone without it hitting someone with a tattoo. Therefore I wonder, do tattoos have the same edge and rebellion associated to them as they once did?

As my 30th birthday approached...*cough*... a few years ago, I considered offering my wrist to a tattoo artist to symbolise the start of a new era. I also asked Teach if I should get a tattoo to mark the birth of our son 12 months later. His response was simple yet effective; "If you really wanted one you would have one by now. Don't get one because you think you should. It has to be for the right reason and suit your life. You can't wash it off."

So true. So I didn't.

Have you got a tattoo?

Image: Pinterest

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...