Wednesday 19 October 2011

My Summer Essentials

The balmy weather I enjoyed in Townsville last week has me counting down to summer in Brisbane; the long hot days, time at the beach with my beautiful boys, jugs of cold Sangria and picnics in the park. Pure bliss!

In an attempt to hurry my favourite season along, here is a quick wrap up of the things I'm looking forward to this summer. It never hurts to daydream...

A new summer outfit


A treat for my feet!

No matter how I'm feeling, jewelled sandals are a great pick me up and perfect for all occassions. These are from Witchery. I think they'll look gorgeous with this Beach Dress. So adorable! Golf clap for Country Road's new summer collection.

Drinks with a view

Brisbane Powerhouse - one of my favourite spots in Brissie.

With my new outfit on, I'll head down to Brisbane Powerhouse for a few vinos with friends. I go for the views of the river and Teach goes for the free live music on Sunday afternoons. We always have a great time because everyone is happy and relaxed, it's a cool atmosphere and the tunes are groovy baby!


Good coffee and fresh food


I heart the big Fig Trees providing shade at the markets.
Nothing beats a saturday morning at the West End Markets located at Davies Park on Montague Street (it's official title is 'Davies Park Market' but locals refer to it as the West End Markets). We take E down there nice and early, enjoy a great coffee, pick up fresh groceries for the week then have a play before its time to head home and put the little man down for his nap.  If you're after a few quirky Chrissie presents too, I highly recommend these markets for vintage finds and one-off pieces. These markets are on all year round, but who wants to leave the house when it's cold out? Not me!!

Picnic in a park

The Jacarandas are in full bloom at New Farm Park - here comes summer!!

The other summer essential I lust-after during winter is a picnic in the park. E is now getting to the age where he can enjoy time outdoors too, so I'm sure we'll be spending lots of time at New Farm Park or Kangaroo Point. Both have spots to grab a coffee and shady trees to allow you to while away the day in peace and quiet. Mmmmm heaven!


What are some of your favourite things to do during summer?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...