Saturday 29 October 2011

What A Novel Idea

My weekend started splendidly, with a long overdue cup of tea in bed, an old copy of The Devil Wears Prada and silence... Pure bliss!

Teach took E for a walk to pick up the weekend papers and coffee, spend some time together and give Mumma her down time. It was exactly what the Doctor ordered.

The time to myself inspired me to get a little creative and start researching a few projects I've had filed in my head under 'Maybe One Day' for a long time. So I wrote a list of everything I'd like to do or at least get started in the next year, closed my eyes and let my index finger land on one...the one I would start today.

Guess what it is?




A book. Ta-dah!

Ok, I have absolutely no idea how to write a book, nor do I have the arrogance to say, 'It can't be that hard,' but I do have the desire, somewhere deep in the recesses of my gut, to give it a crack.

I know the basic structure of my story, I know the heroine's name and the all important journey I want her to struggle through and eventually learn from, but it's how I get what's in my head on paper in some legible, likeable form that's another thing entirely. How will I overcome my fear of failure, lack of confidence and self-doubt to make this dream come true?

Perhaps I need to visualise myself in a successful, creative environment? I've read blog posts about creating a vision board of what appeals to you and what you'd like to do with your life as a way to help achieve those dreams - which makes a lot of sense to me. 

So here are a few stylish spaces I found around the web to kick start my wonderful, glamorous life as a writer (I choose to ignore the fact that majority of writers can't make ends meet because it doesn't mesh well with my imaginary life) and a little creative inspiration/daydreaming for the weekend... Enjoy!


Tiffany blue and brown...Divine.

You know how much I heart white desks and framed prints!


Well, if it's good enough for Khloe Kardashian...
Here are a few more heavenly creations and 15 celebrity offices I luuuuuuuuuuuurve!

Which ones do you like?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...