Sunday 24 July 2011

Reviews for Brisbane Mummas

As many of you know I joined a Brisbane mothers' group a while back. It's for professional women on maternity leave in 2011 and I'm LOVING it - and not just because I know many of them read this blog!

E and I really look forward to our weekly catch-ups, getting to know other new Mums and their gorgeous tots, sharing our experiences plus having a few old fashion belly laughs for good measure.

Each week we plan to meet in a new cafe, park, movie theatre or sometimes even a member's home in order to get out and about across our lovely city. The coversation almost always turns into one of 'will it be practical for a large group of Mums with Bubs?' 'Can we all fit?' 'Where do we park?' And so on....

This common conundrum got me thinking - why isn't there something online that helps Mums out? There are hundreds (if not thousands) of groups meeting each week somewhere across Brissy and I'm sure they all have the same question, 'Where is the most convenient and baby friendly place to meet?' Even if you're not part of a group, I'm sure you'd like to know more about a cafe, park or shopping centre before carting the baby/kids along only to find you can't fit the pram in, you have to walk miles from your car and it's not child friendly at all!

So I've decided to put my former Tourism PR hat back on and help Brisbane Mums out. Each week I will take it upon myself to visit a new cafe, park, library, movie theatre, gallery, shopping centre etc..., etc... across Brisbane and give it an honest motherly review.

Bubs in Brissie will rate the location's parking options, child-friendly environments, nappy changing facilities/general amenities, playground equipment (if applicable) and most importantly the coffee and cake! I'm sure it'll be bloody hard work but I'm willing to take one for the team in an effort to preserve your sanity.

Now, where should I go first? Where is your favourite spot for an outing?

Check back here on Friday (29 July) for the first "Mummas & The City" review.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...